[Server-devel] xs activity server

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Fri Sep 5 02:36:27 EDT 2008

I wrote:

> where pt-BR is an RFC1788 language code. If any activity contains an
> activity.linfo file for a language, then an index is generated.  The
> server has templates for indexes in some languages (currently Spanish
> and English); for other languages the indexes will be in English
> except for the localised names.
>
> These index files are saved with names like
> activities/index.html.zh-es.  You can choose to look at them directly
> that way, or let your browser decide which one is best for you by
> visiting activities/index.html.

and I'm copying my test directory to

http://dev.laptop.org/~dbagnall/activities/

in case anyone is curious.  It doesn't have the Apache magic to choose
the language, so you can see all the files.  The interesting ones are
http://dev.laptop.org/~dbagnall/activities/index.html.es (thanks to
martin) and the ones in non-latin scripts which are indistinguishable
from the English until you scroll to the bottom -- because their
scripts come last in sort order.

http://dev.laptop.org/~dbagnall/activities/metadata.info is an example
of the file you'd use to put (stupid) descriptive comments in the
generated HTML, while the template files for different languages are under
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/dbagnall/xs-activity-server.git;a=tree;f=templates;hb=HEAD

As a matter of interest, of my sample of now 129 activities, these are
the numbers of professed localisations:

 es              43
 ar              37
 pt              36
 fr              36
 de              36
 el              35
 pt-BR           34
 en              34
 mk              33
 th              32
 ru              32
 nl              31
 yo              30
 ur              30
 rw              30
 ro              30
 qu              30
 pl              30
 ne              30
 ja              30
 ig              30
 hi              30
 ha              30
 ay              30
 am              30
 zh-TW           29
 pa              29
 ml              29
 is              29
 fa              29
 dz              29
 bn              29
 zh-CN           28
 pseudo          28
 ps              28
 mn              28
 ko              28
 fa-AF           28
 te              27
 it              27
 bg              27
 tr              26
 ff              26
 ca              26
 bn-IN           26
 gu              24
 vi              23
 si              23
 mr              23
 km              23
 ht              23
 af              21
 tpi             20
 sd              20
 pis             20
 pap             20
 mvo             20
 sl              15
 nb              15
 ta               4
 ko-KO            2
 en-US            2
 xh               1
 uk               1
 sw               1
 sr               1
 nr               1
 lv               1
 ka               1
 et               1
 eo               1
 da               1
 be               1

but that should be taken with much salt. Many, perhaps most, of the
.linfo files just contain the English text.

Douglas