[Server-devel] Work in progress - F9 install ISO

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 4 23:15:15 EDT 2008

Jerry Vonau wrote:
> Martin Langhoff wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Martin Langhoff
>> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Very rough install CD. It has the packages, but you'll have to install
>>> them by hand -
>>>
>>> It will be here in about 1hr (transfer from NZ takes its time...)
>>> http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xs/other/Fedora-0.5dev-i386-DVD.iso
>>>
>>> The md5sum is b8c77b26bef11391ab5b55ce55ffe653
>> The transfer finished, and just in time I have a kickstart file that
>> gets it to install xs-config, xs-pkgs and all the appropriate
>> dependencies. See:
>>
>> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/xs-livecd;a=blob;f=kickstarts/anaconda-f9.ks;h=dfd4eabc417bb09b0bc5bcabce94dd22c1c5212e;hb=HEAD
>>
>> I am using Jerry's mkusbinstall script, and copying the ks file to the
>> root of the USB drive. To get anaconda to read it you have to pass
>> "ks=hd:sdb1:/ks.cfg" to the kernel.

Having had a look at the dvd, the size could be reduced by about 200meg
by deleting everything in the /images directory except for stage2.img
and re-rolling the iso. Then the boot.iso should be made available by
its self, should someone who can't boot from usb need to use it.
But, if the size of the dvd.iso is reduced as above, then it should fit
on a single standard cdr. Looking for feedback first before I proceed.

Jerry