[Server-devel] Work in progress - F9 install ISO

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 3 04:54:28 EDT 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:37 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Very rough install CD. It has the packages, but you'll have to install
>> them by hand -
>>
>> It will be here in about 1hr (transfer from NZ takes its time...)
>> http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xs/other/Fedora-0.5dev-i386-DVD.iso
>>
>> The md5sum is b8c77b26bef11391ab5b55ce55ffe653
>
> The transfer finished, and just in time I have a kickstart file that
> gets it to install xs-config, xs-pkgs and all the appropriate
> dependencies. See:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/xs-livecd;a=blob;f=kickstarts/anaconda-f9.ks;h=dfd4eabc417bb09b0bc5bcabce94dd22c1c5212e;hb=HEAD
>
> I am using Jerry's mkusbinstall script, and copying the ks file to the
> root of the USB drive. To get anaconda to read it you have to pass
> "ks=hd:sdb1:/ks.cfg" to the kernel.

edit the boot-loader's cfg file and append that as an argument.

> Good news: The network is configured correctly - defautls to server 1 - a

cool. work pays off.

> Bad news:
>  - idmgr dies with an sqlalchemy error
>  - xs-config has errors in %postinst
>
> Tomorrow,
>
>  - fiddle with pungi to the kickstart included in the initrd and to
> add grub options
ok, initrd works, but lets debug it from the usbkey for now, for the
%post stuff, edits are much easier.. ;-)
note: anaconda may fail to find the ks file on the usbkey the first
time, usb still coming up.. just hit enter, should work the second time,
nobody is using a serial console yet, right?

>  - fix xs-config, idmgr
>
> cheers,
Jerry