[Server-devel] offline moodle

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:10:54 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org> wrote:
> Then I have several questions, how many courses would offline moodle
> cache locally? And how could a kid dump one course they took offline but
> keep others? To browse to a cached course would gears have to cache all
> the pages on the way to cached course? Or for the kid to bookmark the
> cached course and use it to access it later?

I don't have all the answers for that - but your questions are good -
that's the kind of "workflow" that users would have to use. I hope
that the GG code can show a basic "moodle homepage" with a course
listing that shows the cached courses in a distinctive manner.

> I think a bookmark wouldn't be very intuitive.

AIUI, the user only has to get to the initial moodle page, and GG
should take care of the rest.

I'm not saying that this is what Tony's implemented -- I'll review the
code asap -- but that's the kind of workflow that GG seems to support,
and it looks good to me.

> Sure, but my focus is making it easy for the kids to easily view
> multiple courses offline. I am only interested in Offline Moodle insofar
> as it supports that goal.

What other goal could possibly offline moodle have? ;-)

we're all on the same page wrt that.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com