[Server-devel] offline moodle

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 21:05:03 EDT 2008

Have to agree with Martin... the concept of offline moodle is to get a
functioning offline version of moodle running locally... If then, the
teacher directs students to download .xo bundles from a repo or
something, sure why not, but no need to automate this into offline
moodle. It complicates and goes against what offline moodle is
supposed to be... Offline moodle is just a website... running locally
instead of over the network, as much for the teacher as the student,
they'll get all the content they need for the set period of time (this
set period of time is something that needs to be worked out... is it a
variable value, or what?)

That said, there were positive comments concerning Tony's work to date
by others, and the South American effort to make the offline moodle
using gears. They want to move away from using air to using gears
along lines of what's being done here. I shall link up Tony with them
so you can work out some sort of plan. I believe right now, the South
Americans are a bit close to getting their 'fin de curso' (end of
course) work done, but they want this to be a project that is not just
something for their school, but a global thing.... They are fighting
hard to let us see the code :-) but their university is against that
until they complete the project.

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche