[Server-devel] Activation Key for G1G1 Xo's

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Sep 3 16:33:51 EDT 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 4:16 PM, Jack Tutterrow wrote:

> How do you activate XO computers purchased through the G1G1 program?

Laptops shipped as part of the G1G1 program were pre-activated.
This means that they should never require an activation key.
> I have purchased 45 XO’s through eBay that are now being used in an
> orphanage in the Philippines.

Wonderful!
> Students have access to the Internet through an AP but we have not
> been successful in configuring the XS to recognize the XO’s.
>
> I also have 4 XO’s purchased through the G1G1 program.  I have
> setup an XS server with an AP successfully but can’t get the XO’s
> recognized by the XS.

What software build is on the laptops ?
What XS build are you using ?

When you say you can't get the XOs recognized by the XS, exactly
what do you mean ?
1 - Do they receive a DHCP address ?
2 - Does access to the Internet through the server work ?
3 - Does registration work ?
4 - Does ejabberd see the laptops as registered ?
    (Go to https://172.18.0.1:5280/admin )
5 - Does ejabberd see the laptops as online ?

If 4 or 5 is the problem, did you set up the shared roster for
ejabberd ?

Cheers,
wad