No subject

Tue Sep 2 06:48:39 EDT 2008

"second" /21 block, so .16.1 is the first address of server 2.

Looking at it from the 'each server role gets its own /21' POV,

 - the first /21 is unused
 - each server is leaving the first /23 unused. For example, server 2
uses .18 to .23 but leaves .16.1 to .17.255 unused

> You could use iptables here with a rule kind of like the squid rules,
> intercepting the traffic to 172.18.16.1

Yes, there are several ways to skin this cat, at the moment I'm keen
on hearing from Wad what the original plan was. I don't tihnk anyone
has deployed multi-server setups, so we can move this stuff around as
we see fit.

One of the possibilities is to shift all servers >1 a few netblocks
and grab 172.18.10.1/19 for "server 1" to manage (in the "assign dhcp
leases and route" sense). This has 8190 addresses - hang a big chunk
of that off eth1 and you can safely wire up a school with many APs and
to serve a large population of XOs.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com