[Server-devel] testing XS-RSYNC

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:06:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
> Great, thanks. I was steered to the correct files and got it to work from
> both the USB and command line. The files I used can be found at:

 Cool. Are you doing this on xs-0.5? If you update to the newest rpms
from the olpcxs-testing repo you'll get a nice chime indicating that
it started, and another nice chime meaning "I'm done".

> Out of curiosity why do we require the tree files which come from:
> http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/xo-1/streams/8.2/build767/devel_jffs2/

I'm just following what Scott did for his own rsync updater server. I
didn't get into the details of why -- as a matter of expediency, I did
my bit of cargo-cult programming there :-)

In other words: monkey-see, martin-do

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com