[Server-devel] testing XS-RSYNC

Reuben K. Caron reuben at laptop.org
Wed Oct 8 17:44:33 EDT 2008

Great, thanks. I was steered to the correct files and got it to work
from both the USB and command line. The files I used can be found at:

http://dev.laptop.org/~reuben/xs-xobuilds/

Out of curiosity why do we require the tree files which come from:

http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/xo-1/streams/8.2/build767/devel_jffs2/

instead of the files which we document and publicize more frequently at:

http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/candidate/767/jffs2/
or
http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/711/jffs2/

FYI: updating build 766 to 767 WORKED using the command:

olpc-update --server schoolserver xo-1-olpc-stream-8.2-build-767-20081001_1616-devel_jffs2

Regards,
Reuben

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> The script needs the "tree" file and its corresponding .md5, not the
> 'tar.gz' file. The rest seems correct.
>
> cheers,

> On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 7:13 AM, Reuben K. Caron <reuben at laptop.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm attempting to populate /library/pub/builds following the link:
>>
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS-rsync
>>
>> I have tried making a usb key and tried from the command line.
>>
>> Could someone please review the files I'm attempting this with located at:
>>
>> http://dev.laptop.org/~reuben/xs-xobuilds/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Reuben

Reuben K. Caron