[Server-devel] Memory use with SSL connections

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Oct 8 00:04:54 EDT 2008

Until Sugar has a better model for collaboration, anything over about
500 users is moot.   (Thanks for testing it all the way up to 2K users).

The problem is that the laptop UI will try to show all the users on the
server in the neighborhood view...   Can you try to connect an XO
to the server with over 500 hyperactivity users, and see what breaks ?

Certainly we are interested in finding and fixing the bottlenecks, but
I don't think pushing past 500 users is critical at this time.

On the other hand, supporting virtual machines so we can have
five ejabber instances running on a server (w. sufficient RAM)
might be an interesting topic to pursue...

Cheers,
wad