[Server-devel] What's cooking in the XS pot this week (2008-10--01)

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 23:51:26 EDT 2008

Greg,

We will be setting up two labs here in Nepal, one in the next couple
weeks and likely one in the first week of November at Nepal's Dept of
Education. Depending on our experiences in those labs, we want to roll
out a new version of the XS in November to our two pilot schools and
possibly a new pilot school.

This mirrors our priorities
> A stable and scalable eJabber is critical as are basic XS features like:
> - Caching
> - Filtering (is DanGuardian built in and shipped with the XS ?)
> - NAT

w/ two exceptions. We still find it a bear to install the XS from
scratch. That could be our fault but it needs to be easier to set up
ejabberd properly. It also needs to be easier to get dansguardian up and
running. As far as I can tell dansguardian is not pre-installed on the
XS in XS 0.4.

Our volunteer Tony Anderson has been working on this and has a better
understanding of the problems we are having.

I strongly agree that, while Moodle is important, a lot of work needs to
be done on ejabberd and dansguardian.