[Server-devel] ejabberd with postgres

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 18:32:49 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Douglas Bagnall
<douglas at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> [Apologies to bystanders trying to follow this email: it mainly
> consists of disjointed snippets I need to tell Martin]

Thanks - this is very good material.

> After a fairly straightforward substitution of postgresql for mnesia,
> ejabberd's performance is spectacularly unchanged.  Of course, this is
> to be expected.

It was hard to predict what it'd do, I have to say that I'm impressed
again with ejabberd. It's not magic - but it seems to deliver quite
consistently good performance in things that are hard to pull off.

All good news in your report, and a wonderful wrap up to the work
you've done for the XS this season.

Thanks for some outstanding and careful work on the XS. Hope the
seaweed sculpture stuff is successful, and that we'll do more on the
XS next year sometime.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com