[Server-devel] Installing on dual boot

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Sat Nov 15 00:13:51 EST 2008

I have a laptop with dual boot (Vista Business, Ubuntu 7.10). It uses the
Windows boot loader to ask which to use on startup.I want to use the laptop
on my travels for demonstrations (using a prototype active antenna). I used
the Windows install feature to install Ubuntu from within Windows. In
Windows, the space/partition allocated to Ubuntu shows up as a separate
drive.

Is it possible to install the XS image on top of this configuration,
overwriting the Ubuntu OS on drive E but leaving the Windows and dual boot
loader intact?

David Leeming

OLPC Coordinator, Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) www.spc.int

Technical Advisor, People First Network

P.O. Box 652, Honiara, Solomon Islands, South Pacific

Tel: +677 76396(m) 24419(h) 26358 (o-PFnet)

http://wikieducator.org/User:Leeming