[Server-devel] Issue with ds-backup in XS 0.4

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:15:33 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Bill Bogstad <bogstad at pobox.com> wrote:
> The failing machine shows overly permissive permissions on the key
> files.  In particular, ds-backup.py generated the following message
> when it failed:

Came across that exact same issue very early in the development of
ds-backup, and then I never saw it again so it faded in my memory,
blamed on manual fiddling or other "non-normal" causes.

We'll have to update ds-backup to fix broken permissions if found.
Material for 8.2.1 :-/ (and to recommend as an updated rpm to
deployment teams that plan to upgrade machines and use ds-backup)  -
filed as http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/8977

thanks for the sleuthing!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com