[Server-devel] XS software compatibility question

Berkowitz Andrew (Project Connect) ABerkowitz at schools.nyc.gov
Thu May 22 09:02:59 EDT 2008

The two servers are ready to go.

I had edited idmgr.conf. I didn't know if there were other files that
needed to be updated.

I tried Fedora 8 & 9.

With Fedora 9, installing the jabber does not work because libexpat is a
different version. I probably could have compiled, but I'd prefer to
stay with RPMs so the server will be easier to upgrade. I did not try
idmgr.

With Fedora 8, I had SCSI drivers issues.

So we're back to Fedora 7.

I did not install xs-config. I just copied config files from a working
server and modified them for this one.

The wiki mentions some .diffs to install for the ejabberd. Can I safely
assume those directions are outdated?