[Server-devel] Datastore & backup - request for help

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 21 07:41:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>>> Now, is there a reasonable way to check for whether we are in a school
>>> mesh?
>> No idea.
> No worries, I cannibalised a bit of bash script from olpc-netstatus
> that works well for school networks using an active antenna. I'll have
> to see how I make it detect school nets based on APs, but that's
> something I'll sort out w Wad.

Wad,

what I am trying to sort out is the following. With the deployments
that have APs instead of AAs, how do we tell school APs from any
random AP out there? Have we / should we define some properties that
allow the XO to spot it (and associate preferentially to it, for
example)?

I guess it touches a few places around NM too... maybe there's been
some hacking on this already?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com