[Server-devel] Possible Jabber Problem on Server

Berkowitz Andrew (Project Connect) ABerkowitz at schools.nyc.gov
Wed May 14 08:45:53 EDT 2008

I had already uninstalled ejabberd & xs-pkgs. xs-config also had to be
uninstalled and reinstalled. So I had to redo a few config files prior
to starting ejabberd. That has always worked just fine. But it took
about ten minutes altogether.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a few times to make sure I could do so as
quickly as possible.

I didn't realize it would be safe to specify nodeps. If I had, there
would have been a lot less work to reconfigure the server.

I hoped that following your suggestion would be a bit less work. We have
about 1500 schools, so I am searching for the most efficient server
management processes possible.

So after reinstalling jabber and getting it behaving again, I tried
following your suggestion and just deleting the files. That did not
work. So I reinstalled again. This process is what I was asking a bout.

If we wind up with a lot of servers, I'll put together a Perl-based
server management system.