[Server-devel] Possible Jabber Problem on Server

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 14 00:29:33 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 5:36 AM, Berkowitz Andrew (Project Connect)
<ABerkowitz at schools.nyc.gov> wrote:
>  Martin had suggested that we can just wipe out the database without reinstalling the package.
>
>  So back to the question: Can the database be wiped out and recreated without reinstalling?

We haven't tested it :-/  (it all depends on exactly what triggers an
empty DB setup).

OTOH, we know that uninstalling/reinstalling the rpm does the trick
reliably (so it is better than my earlier suggestion). It will remove
the xs-pkgs package, but that won't cause any short-term problem.
Reinstall it as well just in case for better long term behaviour ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com