[Server-devel] setting up project tracking app for OLE Nepal office

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri May 2 01:04:30 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Bryan Berry <bryan.berry at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I am going to set up an internal office project management system for
>  the finance, sysadmin, and networking teams, primarily to track
>  procurement requests and trouble tickets for the office and the pilots.
>  Is there any reason I should use anything besides Trac?

It lately seems that for pure "task-oriented" trouble ticket system
people seem to use RT. Haven't used it myself much, but it seems to
have good properties wrt handling updates directly via email (so you
can avoid web UIs).

What *I* miss from Trac and most bugtrackers is the ability to interop
with other systems. Malone (launchpad's bugtracker) seems to get that
right. In a bug entry / ticket you can put a link to an external bug
in someone else's bugtracker, and Malone keeps track of it, and mostly
does the right thing. So Ubuntu can relate their bugs to - for example
- kernel bugs recorded in bugzilla.kernel.org.

But that's a disgression. I'm not sure how well Malone fits your usage
patterns, or how stable it is.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com