[Server-devel] GSoC

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 23:38:43 EDT 2008

2008/3/20 crosvera <crosvera at gmail.com>:
> Hello, I'm Carlos Ríos, a university student Chilean. And I want apply to
> the "Google Summer of Code" and work to help the OLPC project, I read the
> idea's list in the Wiki, and I found an idea that I'm sure that I can do it.

Hola Carlos! Great to hear you are interested. I will update the ideas
page with more XS ideas soon (tomorrow if I can) - I will be happy to
take up to 3 students under the GSocC program. There is a ton of
interesting stuff to do on the XS.

> The idea it's about design the admin interface of the school servers. I
> write to know what kind of things I need to do, before may 24 when it's the
> apply to "Google Summer of Code", and participate in the project.

What to do? You already know the area you want to work on. Do a bit of
background research -- we've exchanged some emails on this list about
that for example, and we mentioned a few existing implementations of
webbased config tools, and I've posted some hints. If you can do an
initial research on those, and in your GSoC application discuss what
you've learned, and what your draft plan would be, fantastic.

Don't let that take all your time or space though - there are other
things you'll need to talk about like schedules, etc.

Also - keep your eyes open - I'll be posting a few roadmap-related
notes, and we're likely to have a phone conference to discuss plans
soon.