[Server-devel] Web-based Management Interface for the XS

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:45:23 EDT 2008

Martin, have you also looked at http://ebox-platform.com/ ? I have
downloaded and intend to play w/ it today. From the screenshots and
reviews looks quite nice. From what I can tell it is specific to Debian.

If you do intend to build a web-based interface from scratch, can you
use a pretty language like Python or Ruby to do it? Perl and PHP make my
eyes bleed. Both Django (Python) and Ruby on Rails seem like great
frameworks for rapid development.

I also like RubyonRails because there is momentum in the FedoraCommons
community (E-Library) toward using Rails apps for front-end services.
Then I could reuse the skills I have yet to acquire!