[Server-devel] easy backup solution for Linux?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 06:47:35 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 1:37 AM, Bryan Berry <bryan.berry at gmail.com> wrote:
> We can definitely use the same distro

Yes - I do hope that the XS can be used with *small* localisation
things, well segregated into their own packages.

>  We are using Mondo Backup now and it is quite nice.

I see you posted separately about that, I'll give your notes a read.
What's most interesting to me now is what the recovery scenarios are
(for Nepal and other localities). I am also considering in the mix

 - RAID-1 array, perhaps with the 2nd disk being put to sleep and
re-synched daily for small/medium traffic servers
 - Keeping the bootable OS image in Flash -

cheers,

martin