[Server-devel] School Server Tele-Conference?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 06:24:05 EDT 2008

Hi Bryan,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org> wrote:
>  I realize you are likely using this week to get up to speed on the XS.

Indeed! And overwhelmed alreday ;-)

I just got here yesterday afternoon and now getting acquainted with
the OLPC team here, fantastic so far, and with where things are at. I
am planning to do a writeup of the draft roadmap and open it up for
discussion, and a phone conference is a great idea.

The tricky bit is the "when". I only got a couple of hs yesterday -
need more time soak up information and come up with something.

>  This would be very helpful for me as I will probably spend 40-50% of my
>  time over the next 12 months working on the School Server and Sulochan

Your notes (that I snipped here) are excellent -- knowing what your
perspectives and needs are is key for my at this moment. Thanks!

>  Two Hours would be right amount of time for the teleconference.
>
>  If the teleconference gets above 10 people I don't think it would be
>  very manageable or super-productive, that's my two cents.

The format is tricky, I tend to favour a voice + irc + some form of
whiteboard, even if basic. IRC means we can coordinate speaking turns,
do quick votes, pass around urls, quick notes that don't warrant
interruptions, etc.

cheers,

martin