[Server-devel] Sharing Expreriences

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Mar 13 23:56:03 EDT 2008

Rafael,
   I would start with the stock installation, from USB key or CD
on any old PC with a couple of network interfaces.
Build 160 is surprisingly easy to get up and working...
In schools which have more than 120 or so students, we are
recommending traditional 802.11b/g access points,
bridging wireless channels 1, 6, and 11 onto a wired LAN
connected to a school server.
The active antenna are more suitable for less dense deployments,
where there are less laptops per channel.   We are setting up tests
to allow us to qualify and improve these numbers.

wad