[Server-devel] Drupal on OLPC?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 15:52:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 5:57 AM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>  Moodle has blog functionality in the core install. It used to be called
>  Journal way back, but its now replaced by blogs. I've used the "Journal"
>  feature in my classes before, and it serves the blogging purpose well.
>
>  Why have yet another CMS even if the stack is the same (LAMP)?

that will be the main question. We have limited resources
(development-wise, and on the XS) and Moodle and Mediawiki will be on
the XS, and heavily customised to fit well in the workflow. Both have
strong content-management aspects. I am open to having a CMS there as
well, but it is hard to provide a clear added value with it.

Once the Moodle/Mediawiki combo is a bit more ship-shape, I would
invite Drupal/Mambo developers to have a look at what is in place, and
figure out if it is worth their effort to have a CMS install in there.
It won't be just a simple packaging issue -- UI changes,
preconfigured/pre-seeded databases, auth integration, etc.

cheers,

martin