[Server-devel] shared roster optimisation

Christophe Romain christophe.romain at process-one.net
Tue Mar 11 12:40:24 EDT 2008

On Mar 5, 2008, at 11:12 PM, Dafydd Harries wrote:
> Help in debugging this would be greatly appreciated. It's quite
> urgent as we
> would like to deploy the Jabber server in schools in Peru in the
> near future.

I don't know how is your rpm built, but it is clear that you do not
set the correct erlang path, as I said on march 4th.

 > {"init terminating in do_boot",{undef,[{ejabberd_ctl,start,[]},
{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}
that means erlang vm does can not reach ejabberd_ctl.beam

you should have ejabberdctl that set the correct path (-pa argument)
calling erl.
you can check the official installer for that.

it's a packaging issue, and we can not really help on that subject.
this is all about bulding your rpm.

> I made a build that seems to work by building on jabber.laptop.org.

so i guess you solved that point as of today.

just take care of one point: beam files compiled with R12 will not
work under R11. beam files compiled with R11 will work with R12.