[Server-devel] Everex gpc mini - an option for the XS?

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Mon Mar 3 22:37:03 EST 2008

Ah, their Mac Mini knockoff.  Great price (strangely identical to that
of the Mac Mini).  I'm not sure about the reliability under high
temperatures (have to see a picture of the motherboard to start
assessing that), and I'll bet a dinner that it has an internal fan to
keep that Intel baby cool.

IMO, a system that requires a fan to keep the processor from
catching fire is absolutely not acceptable.   I've seen too many
of them fail, followed in less than an hour by a charred chipset.
A system that uses a fan to reduce the overall system
temperature and extend the life of the disk drives is acceptable.

Thanks for the pointer,
wad