[Server-devel] questions about using Wireshark to monitor the Mesh

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Sun Mar 2 22:28:53 EST 2008

I'll try to get a good release and release notes out by this coming
Wednesday.  The build I tried last week has more added bugs
than improvements...   But we are getting reliable build again !!!

wad

On Mar 2, 2008, at 10:15 PM, Bryan Berry wrote:

> Thanks john, I will try out the commands you sent.
>
> where can I download the newest build of the XS? I can't find it at
> xs-dev.laptop.org or dev.laptop.org
>
> We're hoping to get a working version of the XS by the end of this
> week.
> Our pilot starts soon (April 13) and we want to get the XS working
> sooner rather than later.
>
> May I suggest bundling XFCE4 w/ the XS. I have installed it on my
> XS and
> it eases working w/ wireshark and other aspects of testing. At
> least for
> folks like myself that are less than expert w/ the command line.

Sure.   Can you provide me with a list of the packages needed ?

In order to run wireshark, I've been manually installing some
missing pieces of Gnome.   It is clear that until we DO have headless
servers, we want to provide some windowing system support.