[Server-devel] Edublog - How do I select tinyMCE in moodle?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 11:06:05 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Tarun Pondicherry
<tarunpondicherry at gmail.com> wrote:
> For Edublog, will it matter much
> which version we use?

Sorry, perhaps I haven't been clear - when I've said 1.9, I was
thinking of the tip of MOODLE_19_STABLE, the latest in the 1.9.x
series. Right now, it would be "1.9.1+". So what I've always done is
to work on top of the tip of the "current" MOODLE_XX_STABLE branch
(often people say "_STABLE" to refer to it), so as to be able to
deliver within short timeframes. And at the same time, keeping an eye
on HEAD, and having a reasonable idea of what it'll take to port it to
HEAD, so that we can include it in the next official release.

Tricky ;-)

So in terms of editor matters, I would use the latest _STABLE, with
the patches to enable TinyMCE (assuming TinyMCE is the v2.0 target),
so you any work on tuning the editor can be applicable to v2.0 later.
There are a couple of changes in 2.0 that will mean some minor rework,
but we can't worry about that yet.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com