[Server-devel] XS SW

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:50:56 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 1:37 PM, Tim Moody <timmoody at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Thanks for answering my question.  Like you I only have anecdotal evidence,
> and producing a thorough comparison is beyond what I could achieve with a
> reasonable amount of effort.
>
> I guess I'll continue to struggle get moodle to work with Pg on XS(163).  I
> didn't find Pg as an installed service and the moodle that yum installed
> only had mysql support libraries as dependencies.  Or should I just wait
> until moodle is bundled with XS?

It's ok to install it against mysql in your system if you want to play
with it.I plan to provide a custom moodle package preconfigured
against Pg, and to provide matching Pg packages (probably v8.2).

If you later need to migrate from MySQL to Pg, there are some helper
scripts I've posted in moodle.org a while ago... ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com