[Server-devel] EduBlog v0.1 Available for Comment!

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Thu Jun 12 10:10:07 EDT 2008

Hi Tarun,

This is an important requirement. I tried to explain it in requirement
#12 at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Blog_Educativo_Plan_del_Proyecto#Requirements_
English

And management design comments:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Blog_Educativo_Plan_del_Proyecto#Functional_De
sign_and_Workflow

Here's my thinking. An admin (probably a teacher) sets up a bunch of
blogs on blogger.com and in moodle. E.g. a frog blog, a school level
blog, blog for the class, riddles blog, etc. Each blog has a URL,
description, and user name/pass.

The teacher page sees all admin configured blogs. The teacher then
clicks a radio button next to each to "enable/disable" for their class.
They also set post direct or only send to teacher for each one. Anything
enabled shows up as an option on the kid page and post direct or send to
teacher (or both) determines what options they see in that regard.

So the kid will write their post then click (send to internet frog blog,
or send to internal frog blog etc.) We should put a link to the blog on
the kid page so they can see it before they start writing. Depending on
post direct or send to teacher, when the kid clicks submit it goes to
the right place. Should be visible to the kids where it will go too.

This is meant to address this concern: "- If you have different blogs,
children get confused with the "new post" option."

So it should be easy to find the right blog and links to all blogs are
on the same kid home page.

I hope Moodle can help us determine which kids are associated with each
teacher. Also hope that it can help identify who is a teacher so they
get the right page customized for them.

The new idea is a master text, image and URL (can be same as text) entry
space which shows at the top of the all kid page for a given teacher.

Let me know if that makes sense or you need more info.

Thanks,

Greg S