[Server-devel] EduBlog Revised Project Plan (Tarun Pondicherry)

Tarun Pondicherry tarunpondicherry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 05:19:37 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,
> - On full featured formatting and options vs. simple.
I thought the comments referred to the admin and teacher pages.  The
editor will be simple, since they can just pick the default tinyMCE
editor if they want something else.  I'm not going to add something and
hide it.  Only if I'm removing something that is already there, I'll
make it hidden rather than purging it completely.
> - On Debian and Uruguay XS config. We got a first pass of info from
> Latu. They have MySQL right now :
If we use Moodle, it makes little difference if they have MySQL or
PostGre (assuming Moodle supports PostGre... didn't actually check).
I'm running it with MySQL right now anyway.
> I'd like to hear more comments on how we get to zero touch Moodle
> install for EduBlog.
Copy paste + double click should do it =) if we can get their exact
specs.  All we need to do is copy in the files and create the sql
tables.  If we don't know the exact sw they have, then they would need
to do a Moodle install, which is easy, but can require a little bit of
technical knowledge.

Thanks,
Tarun