[Server-devel] Installing Fedora 7 on V3-M2A690G

Tony Pearson tpearson at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 9 11:31:07 EDT 2008

Martin,
>Ok. so the problem is with our custom kernel, right? What kernel are
>you booting with (uname -a)?

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 #1 SMP Wed May 23 22:35:01
EDT 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

>Ah, you found a good backport for F7.
I'll check the distrubutions to find where the PostgreSQL is coming from.

>If the machine can be set to run the kvm-based virtualisation, you can
>run both F7 and Debian in separate VMs, providing both environments to
>Tarun.

You make a good point.  I am not familiar with kvm-based virtualization,
but I can investigate use of XEN.  Currently, the only way to switch over
remotely would be to change the "GRUB default" and do "shutdown -r now"
as we won't have anyone at the physical machine to choose each OS for us.

> Or to make it easier you could run a Debian LAMP stack in a Debian
> chroot (see if you can find a howto for debootstrap on Fedora).
I will investigate.

-- Tony