[Server-devel] Edublog notes (Tomeu Vizoso)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:57:09 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 9:35 AM, Tarun Pondicherry
<tarunpondicherry at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wasn't aware that teachers were using non-XO laptops.  If this is the

You should check with Ceibal/LATU but IIRC they do have teachers with
plain old laptops. Most countries have this "mixed client"
requirement.

> case, then it makes much more sense to tweak an existing editor, probably
> the one in oublog as you mentioned.  Where can I get my hands on the code
> for Moodle that runs on the XS?  (I'm still trying to get a handle on where
> to find things at OLPC and a wiki search on this wasn't fruitful =( )

We don't have a "canonical" moodle that runs on the XS (yet!). If you
are going to be hackign on it, grab the latest 1.9.x. My
recommendation is that instead of a cvs checkout you grab a git
checkout like this:

   # clone the repo
   git clone git://git.catalyst.net.nz/moodle-r2.git

   # create a branch that tracks upstream's 19
   git branch --track mynewfeature origin/MOODLE_19_STABLE

   # checkout your branch
   git checkout mynewfeature

   # if you want the oublog module, first have a look at it with a
"temporary checkout"
   git checkout origin/mdl19-oublog
   ... look around the code, and then switch back to your working branch...
   git checkout mynewfeature

   # if you liked the oublog code, merge in that branch
   git merge origin/mdl19-oublog

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com