[Server-devel] Testing EduBlog

Pablo Flores pflores2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 13:55:33 EDT 2008

I've just done a test sequence on EduBlog and have a lot of comments and
questions, so let's start step by step...

*Creating a new blog
*

   - The login page isn't in spanish
   - I'm not sure how to manage users with EduBlog.... I think we should
   start a wiki page to start documenting (and discussing it). Volunteers? :-)
   - In the "Adding a new OU blog" form, I can't access the "Manage Remote
   Blogs" button, it takes me to a page that says "Sorry, but you do not
   currently have permissions to do that ([[oublog:manageremoteblogs]]) More
   information about this
error<http://docs.moodle.org/en/error/moodle/nopermissions>".
   *
   - It would be better if some options could be hidden, like "Common module
   settings".

*New blog post*

   - From the moodle interface, I couldn't upload any picture. I could use
   the other interface (
   http://edublog.venango.org/test/EduBlog/moodle/mod/oublog/editpost.php?blog=2),
   but with this one I cannot select the blog to post to. *
   - I tried to upload a Write document, but I couldn't from any of the
   interfaces (am I doing right? I tried to upload the file as an image).

I marked with * the points I find more important.

I also would like to summarize some points of how the daily work would be.
Let's see...

   - First of all, the teacher will have to get a user and password for the
   system.
   - The teacher creates a new blog using the interface
   http://edublog.venango.org/test/EduBlog/moodle/course/modedit.php?add=oublog&type=&course=2&section=0&return=0
   - All of her children have to get a user and password.
   - Then, the teacher can propose some work to be done, for which children
   will have to make their posts to the blog. To do so, children will have to
   access to the blog page (the moodle one), and click on "New blog post".
   - As children submit their posts, the teacher will be able to see them in
   the blog page. Children will only see their own posts and the ones already
   approved by the teacher. Question: How can a child know if his post was
   approved?
   - The approved posts will go public, depending on the configuration: If
   there is a remote blog configured (blogspot for instance), they will appear
   there. If it's local only, it will be seen by others, depending on the
   visibility configuration of the blog.

All agree with this?

Saludos,
Pablo Flores