[Server-devel] OLPC_XS_164 is "xs-0.3-rc" and my short term plans

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 06:24:16 EDT 2008

Hi All,

You can find instructions on installing the new image at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software

linked from XS "home page" of http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS

The "release notes" on this one are at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software#OLPC_XS_164

We could use comment on the installation instructions themselves and on
the install process.

We also need to gauge the groups capacity. If anyone on this list can
give us time to try out a new XS builds between now and October, can you
reply on or off list?

I think we will have 2 - 3 more deployments (see some targets at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User_talk:Gregorio#Shipment_Quantities_and_Languages)
using school servers before the end of this CY. The more we improve the
documentation and testing up front the better their experience will be!

Thanks,

Greg S