[Server-devel] Deregistering XOs

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:48:35 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 10:43 AM, David Leeming
<leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb> wrote
> And I can't find on the wiki how to re-register an XO to a different server.
> I.e. I am using my laptop as a demo server in these trials until the
> Ministry can supply a permanent one. What do I have to do to the XOs before
> I leave to make them ask to register again?

If you open a terminal and delete the sugar confog file thus:

  rm /home/olpc/.sugar/default/config

and then reboot, you will go through the "ask nickname and pick
colours" dance. It will not lose your documents or activities.

Let's keep the list CC'd :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com