[Server-devel] Moodle administration

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 18:12:21 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Tarun Pondicherry
<tarunpondicherry at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) git only recently started complaining about trailing whitespace.  Is
> there a config option to make it trim it automatically?

man git-config - look for 'core.whitespace'. It will not trim it
automatically, but you can set color.diff to true (again, look at man
git-config ) and it will mark it nicely when you do git diff.

> 2) git pull seems to work okay in the test env to not destroy install
> information.  I believe config.php is the only file that stores install
> specific info.  Is that correct?

Yes. Do not commit config.php :-)

> 2) How should I integrate the Zend GData lib?  Should it be in moodle's lib
> folder, or a requirement for the server to use the feature?

I do not think it is packaged in RPM, so the easiest thing is to put
it in lib/zend-gdata or something like that. Make sure you commit the
code unchanged, and put in the commit message what exact version it
is. And remove _all_ documentation and sample code files.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com