[Server-devel] EduBlog: Teacher Review Options

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 06:35:07 EDT 2008

Hi Tarun,

Great progress!

On this:
"In that case I'm confused why there needed to be two options for the
student "post to local blog" and "post to internet blog" when we did the
  mockups."

I thought those were just two different blog choices. Since we didn't
have the "local blog" at that time I thought you were just showing a
second blog choice.

I think its OK if you refresh and change the screen if a kid changes
which blog he wants to send the content to. My only concern is if they
write the blog post then clik on something that changes the page and
they lose all their work. We want to avoid them losing what they type in
the HTML input field no matter what.

The need to click on the extreme left of the upload icon was seen on FF3
on XP for me.

You are making great progress! Since you sound caught up, let me raise a
fresh point :-)

Pablo and the teachers were very concerned that the kids be able to
write the blog posts offline. Then put them in to edublog when they are
connected to it or the Internet.

I said he can write text and images in the XO Write tool then copy and
paste in later. That seemed to work for me. However, now that you are
talking about a "local blog" I'm wondering if there is another option.
Let me know what you think is best in that area.

Also on the "local Blog"  concept. If you don't hide it, what would it
contain? Is it only the posts from that kid or is it a full local
version of the non-local blog?

I think/hope we will have the new server online Monday. Do you, Marcel
or Said have any idea how much time it will take to upload your latest
code to that and start using it for beta test if we get it online w/
XS-163 by Monday?

Thanks,

Greg S