[Server-devel] EduBlog: Teacher Review Options

Tarun Pondicherry tarunpondicherry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 02:11:17 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,
> That was my intention originally but I'm not sure its critical at this
> stage. I think its all right if the teacher can choose from many
> available blogs and just show one or two to the kids at a time.
There is a select box at the top that shows all the different blogs
(Comes with Moodle).  The page needs to be reloaded if a different blog
is selected.
> If the kids can choose from a menu of many blogs (frog, cricket,
> turtle, etc) that was my original intention but it may also be confusing.
>
> BTW I never meant to make a distinction between "internal" and
> "external" blogs in the first place. I think it would be helpful to
> know if the post will go public or just within the school or other
> restricted access network.
In that case I'm confused why there needed to be two options for the
student "post to local blog" and "post to internet blog" when we did the
mockups.  For a development point of view, we need to post to a local
blog before publishing to Blogger (if needed we can hide the local blog
and delete from it as posts are uploaded).  This is incase errors occur
during posting to Blogger and it needs to be reposted.
> If you only have the option to post to two different blogs, they could
> be totally different. e.g. internal blog has homework submissions and
> external has pictures of what the kids do for fun.
They would have to click on the jump to xyz blog to change.  This lets
the teacher's custom text change and resets options.  We can look into a
more AJAX approach in the next version.  For the time being, I think we
need to reload the page when they choose a new blog.
> Are you thinking that internal blog and external blog have the same
> content?
Yes.  All content goes to the local blog.  From there it gets pushed out
by the teacher or automatically as students post depending on how it is
set up.  If we hide those local blogs, then the system is just like what
you described.  I've already coded the approval feature for locally run
blogs as well.  Can I leave that in there?

I think I understand what you envision now.  I'll modify it to reflect that.
> On the review of current site, I have some HTML tweaks (e.g. image
> upload "hot area" is not exactly on t he image so its hard to hit)
Just got a dev XO, so I should be able to fix that soon.  (If the issue
is with another browser, let me know).  I am using that same editor in
the Moodle version, so any input on that is very useful.  We also have
the option of 5 other standard editors for more advanced users (comes
with the choosen branch of Moodle).

Thanks,
Tarun