[Server-devel] EduBlog: Teacher Review Options

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 08:51:28 EDT 2008

Hi Tarun,

That was my intention originally but I'm not sure its critical at this
stage. I think its all right if the teacher can choose from many
available blogs and just show one or two to the kids at a time.

If the kids can choose from a menu of many blogs (frog, cricket, turtle,
etc) that was my original intention but it may also be confusing.

BTW I never meant to make a distinction between "internal" and
"external" blogs in the first place. I think it would be helpful to know
if the post will go public or just within the school or other restricted
access network.

If you only have the option to post to two different blogs, they could
be totally different. e.g. internal blog has homework submissions and
external has pictures of what the kids do for fun.

Are you thinking that internal blog and external blog have the same content?

The only blog post distinction I was thinking of was: post directly
without teacher approval needed and send to teacher for approval before
post.

HTHs.

On the review of current site, I have some HTML tweaks (e.g. image
upload "hot area" is not exactly on t he image so its hard to hit) is
that kind of comments relevant/useful or should I ask people to hold
tweaks like that until next week when we hope to have new version posted
on the new server?

Just trying to set the right expectation before I send out this URL for
review: http://olpc.betarun.com/dev/ui/student_sp.php

Thanks,

Greg S