[Server-devel] EduBlog: Teacher Review Options

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 15:36:20 EDT 2008

Hi Tarun,

That sounds OK in general but I have a few comments and clarifications.

Make sure the kids know if their post is going to the teacher or
directly to the blog.

I think the "internal" vs. "external" or "local" vs. "remote"
designations were meant to separate blogs which are on the local school
server and only visible from within the school network vs. blogs that
are on the internet and visible from anywhere on the internet.

We can get rid of that concept and assume that the blog name will be
familiar to the kids and they will know which posts go to the internet.

The other separation is between blog posts which must be edited/approved
by the teacher vs. those that get posted to the blog directly without
further edit. That is what the teacher can select and what I hope the
kids see from their blog entry page.

Also, we still want the option to post to more than one blog (e.g. post
to frog blog on Moodle or to turtle blog on blogger.com or to grade 1
blog on blogger etc.). The teacher should have the ability to enable one
or the other blog for the kids.

HTHs. Let me know if that input is not clear or doesn't answer your
questions.

Once we get a look at it (hopefully next week) I think it will become
more clear.

Thanks,

Greg S