[Server-devel] EduBlog: Requesting input on design of Preview and Remote Blog Admin Pages

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 17:49:44 EDT 2008

Hi Tarun,

I'm OK with client side in this pass.

The only concerns are that the teacher and potentially other students
should have the chance to edit the post. As long as the teacher can pick
it up and review it too, doing the preview off a local file on XO is OK.

We need to nail down the work flow of student to teacher back to student
too. I'd like to add in an option of student to teacher to other student
if we can figure that out. Probably another featuere creep idea.

On the admin page, I was thinking that the main thing is to allow people
to add blogs. That is, they go to a blog site (e.g. blogger.com or
moodle etc.), create a blog and then add for use in Edublog. Then the
teacher can choose from a  list of pre-configured blogs to use with
their class.

That's the only thing that comes to mind on the admin page. We may be
able to get rid of that page entirely by just allowng teachers to setup
up blogs and enter them on their own page...

Let me know if that doesn't answer your question.

I'm going to send this out for another round of review:
http://olpc.betarun.com/dev/ui/student_sp.php

How is the Moodle/ou Blog integration going?

I spoke to SJ last week and he wants to get some real blog posts from
real teachers online for demonstration ASAP. I think the gating factor
is the teacher page and the ability to add a blog. Let me know when you
think we can finish that.

I told SJ that you are working on integration with Moodle which will
bring us a whole collection of user auth and teacher <-> student
associations capabilities. Is that right?

Let me know what else is on the critical path as we start the last few
weeks of the project. I'll gather as much comment as I can on the
existing student page. Just give me a sense of when we will have the
next set of functionality available for review. Hopefully Tony's server
will come online this week and we can move the project and beta test to
that with the moodle piece integrated...

Thanks,

Greg S