[Server-devel] Issue with 2 B4s and a C2

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:01:32 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 4:22 PM, David Leeming
<leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb> wrote:
> OK - the problem is intermittent because about 1 out of every 10 boots, the
> C2 does find the school mesh. I am close to the antenna, and using the B4s
> as controls. They are all set up identically and I reinstalled the C2
> several times to be sure.

That might be dodgy antenna connectors :-(

 - does that machine network correctly otherwise?
 - have you got any other C2 machine to test? Can we ship you another machine?

> How can I generate and locate the tarball on the C2? Can't find the info on
> the wiki.

 - control-alt-f1 to get to the root shell console
 - execute the olpc-netlog command - it will create a file called
logs.<serialnumber>.<date>.tar.bz
 - plug a usb stick to the machine, wait a few seconds, it'll show up
in the /media/ directory under a made up name
 - copy the file there from the commandline:
   cp logs.XXXXX-YYYY.tar.bz2 /media/ZZZZZ/

and then you can unmount the disk (do that from the journal). Take the
usb disk to another machine, and email it :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com