[Server-devel] Nepal Project Management Updates and Questions

sulochan acharya sulochan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 10:11:29 EST 2008

Hi Greg,

> 2 - What is the target XO deployment image?

-  To add to Bryan's answer--if we also want to specify the deployment XO
built we should use the next stable release or something below 655. The 656
built that I am using causes the screen to frequently flash bright and dark
screen ( almost like it goes to a power save mode and wakes up by itself) I
think this is a known problem. I saw an email about this a while back.

> 5 - Is something special needed to make Nepali script show on the XO?

- No. The nepali language package is already a part of the xo built.
Everytime something new is added it gets bundled into the next release. All
we have to do is edit the localization environment by editing the .i18n page
on the xo.

> 7 - Did we get any takers to help Adrian fix Squid memory problems?
> Maybe if we post the request to Squid lists and say its for help making
> One Laptop deployments more accessible we can find some takers.

- I offered to help, but got no response back from Adrian:(. I would be
happy to assist him on this. I have a few other questions about squid for
Adrian myself :)

> 8 - Did Sulochan get his Mesh up and running? Keep the questions coming
> if its not solved yet...

-Yeah Mesh is up and running. Is pretty stable with one active antenna but
is freaking out when another antenna is added. Will work on this this week
and update. Also it does not like bandwidth consuming activities.

best,
-Sulochan