No subject

Sat Feb 2 07:43:15 EST 2008

world' -	server user /	admin interface and the like

GS - Stefan, where is your deployment happening? We're trying to put
together a school server design for Nepal but its nothing like a GUI
administered box. See the notes, experiences and ideas on Nepal at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=3DNepal#Planning

I don't think that we will have a copy and paste config and set of
install instructions by April, but you can watch that page and this list
to see how close we get :-)

Open questions for Nepal deployment:
1 - Do we have public URLs for all content listed
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Nepal:School_Server_Specification_-_Phase_1_De
sign#Content

2 - What is the target XO deployment image?

3 - I saw several open questions on the tests. Didn't have time to edit
Google XLS (saw Tony's comment that its easy :) so I copied all tests to
OLPC phase 1 design page at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Nepal:School_Server_Specification_-_Phase_1_De
sign#XS_Tests
I embedded the test questions there. I think anyone can write up a
fuller test description if they have time. This can become our
regression test definition.

4 - Do we have a decision on server redundancy model? I added the new
N+1 design to the failure cases page at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Nepal:Redundancy

5 - Is something special needed to make Nepali script show on the XO?

6 - How do we share the full config on the XS? Do we need a tree at
dev.laptop.org?

7 - Did we get any takers to help Adrian fix Squid memory problems?
Maybe if we post the request to Squid lists and say its for help making
One Laptop deployments more accessible we can find some takers.

8 - Did Sulochan get his Mesh up and running? Keep the questions coming
if its not solved yet...

Thanks,

Greg S