[Server-devel] non-internet OLPC and Wikipedia cut software

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 00:45:36 EST 2008

Hello Yama,

Try using Linterweb's  kiwix tools : http://tools.kiwix.org/
Emmanuel (copied here) may be able to help you use them.
Linterweb are helping us with other search & indexing as well.

Please also contribute topics / comments to the selections here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/go/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Wikislice.

On Feb 13, 2008 10:58 PM, Yama Ploskonka <yama at netoso.com> wrote:
> Do not hold your breath though, since my priority right now is to devise
> wikipedia extraction software. I want to contact other people on that
> specific track, since on my side I am merely at the pseudo-code level,
> and it would be better I do not waste time in work that has been
> completed already.  Likewise on software to aid in
> localization/translation.  I have been told most OLPC work is being done
> in PHP, which I do not know.

OLPC is actually doing the most work in Python, not PHP.  The best
wikipedia bot framework is also in Python (pywikipediabot), though
MediaWiki itself is written in PHP.

SJ