[Server-devel] Alternatives to Mesh antennas for testing

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Mon Feb 11 13:13:49 EST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008, at 10:40 AM, Tony Pearson wrote:

> Greg,
> You wrote "where can I buy a mesh antenna locally?".  I haven't
> received the one I requested from OLPC, nor
> an email on whether I was approved or not from last week's
> request, ... yet.

We are currently out of Active Antennas.   We should have more next
week.
They are not commercially available anywhere.

> Here is what I was thinking we can do in the meantime:

> (WiFi)----[ XO ]

That configuration works fine, and is the recommended one for any school
with more than around 150 students.   The schoolserver will
automatically
place the second NIC behind the NAT and provide services to it.