[Server-devel] XS 0.5.1-dev03 with ejabberd goodness, kernel bling, Access Point workingness... looking for xmas testers

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Mon Dec 29 22:25:40 EST 2008

Hi Reuben

-          Installed 0.5 Nov 19th download on Toshiba notebook computer with
black box prototype AA (USB)

-          Fresh install (overwriting not upgrading the previously fully
working 0.4 installation

-          Set location Guadalcanal, use local time

-          No optional application selected

-          Install...... restart

-          /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config oceania.org

-          chkconfig --level 345 ejabberd on

-          service ejabberd start

-          ejabberdctl register admin schoolserver.oceania.org admin

-          restart

-          yum --enablerepo=olpcxs-testing update

-          restart

-          One one of 4 XOs, log onto ejabberd web admin and set up shared
roster "Online"

-          restart

-          start all four XOs and register, then restart

At this stage I cannot see any other XO, and still had to do the work around
of removing all four users from the ejabberd webadmin and restarting
everything before I could see them in the neighbourhood views.  (as advised
by Martin):

(Martin wrote...) To avoid re-installing the XS to re-test the "just
registered" scenario you can

 - go with a webbrowser to the ejabberd admin panel, go into the
'schoolserver' vhost listed there and delete all the users registered

 - restart ejabberd

 - restart the laptops

This happens each time a laptop is restarted.

However, once all going, it is fine:

- All four show up in the eJabberd control panel as users

- All have the same correct results for olpc-netstatus

- I tried sharing Memorize - all four OK

- Video chat is OK between any two

- Server access and Internet browsing all OK (updated them each online)

Log attached

David Leeming

Technical Advisor, People First Network, Honiara, Solomon Islands

Alternative email address: leemingdavid at yahoo.com.au