[Server-devel] Fwd: [ejabberd] Fix or workaround for EJAB-731 - shared roster fails to show new user accts

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 06:30:06 EST 2008

Le samedi 20 décembre 2008 à 18:13 -0200, Martin Langhoff a écrit :
> Hi Guillaume,

Hi Martin,

IIRC, this patch introduced new type of shared roster: @online@,
@recent@ and @nearby at . Vanilla ejabberd only supports @all at .

>  - Have you tested "vanilla" ejabberd for the bugs reported in EJAB-730/731?

Yes. That's why I always mention @all@ instead of @online@ in the
reports, but the problems were the same.

> In the short term, I'm building an rpm to test here - with lop's
> patch, and without yours. Have made any attempt at a merge - but can
> try if you tell me it's needed. (Not that I know much erlang or
> ejabberd internals, but getting there. Help welcome.)

I think if things are working fine with this patch using the @all@
shared roster, there is good chance that fixes @online@ as well.

	G.